Sprained ankles are nothing new to any other derby player. It sucks, but that doesn’t mean all your cross training goes to waste.
Since I’m currently dealing with a nasty sprained ankle, I’ve been using Booty Quake’s Gun Show Workout. It’s great for first thing in the morning or something to do at practice while my teammates are warming up. (I absolutely hate sitting on the sidelines when my team is warming up at practice. I feel so useless and bored.)
One workout easily gets old, and it won’t strengthen everything. Thank goodness we aren’t the only people who deal with injuries. There are a ton of videos on YouTube with workouts around injuries.
- Workout around your ankle, foot, or toe injury
- Cardio workout for those stuck in bed
- Core and inner thigh workout. If you have a knee injury, you may not be able to do some of this.
- Cardio workout for those with knee and ankle injuries
- Inner thigh workout for knee injuries
- Total body workout while seated.
One of the worst things you can do during an injury is absolutely nothing. Once you’re ready to get back on skates, you’ll have no energy, endurance, or strength. Keep pushing yourself. You’ll be back on skates in no time.
Has this been helpful? Do you have any workouts you’ve done while injured that I didn’t cover? Add a comment.
(A key to working out during your injury is not to push your injury. If an exercise is hurting you, stop. There are plenty of other options/variations to give you the same result without the pain.)